Louisiana Map Collection
The Louisiana Division's Map Collection includes original, blueprint, and published maps, plans, surveys, and other cartographic documents. Emphasis is on the city of New Orleans, but the collection does include maps of the state of Louisiana as well as a few items relating to areas of the state outside Orleans Parish.
We are presenting online only a small sample from our original holdings. For further information on the collection, please consult with the archivist.
- Carlos Trudeau plan of Lafon's property between the city and the Faubourg Ste. Marie, 1798 (1808 copy)
- [Plan showing location of the Powder Magazine and other city property adjacent to the Duverger and St. Amand properties in Algiers], July 20, 180?
- Plan de la Terre appartenant a la Corporation de la Nouvelle-Orleans ... au Bourg Clouet ... rues Santa Louisa, Piete, et du Chemin Public, 1814
- Plan of the property of the United States Hotel, owned by John Davis, on Bayou St. John, 1821
- Plan for a new levee between St. Philip Street and the Marigny Canal (Elysian Fields), 1823
- Plan of N. E. Bailey's property, 1865(?)
- Plan of property bounded by Love (now North Rampart), Soulie, Good Children (now St. Claude), and the property of Caffin, 1868
- Sketch showing the actual condition of the work executed by B. Saloy, Prest. Of the Carondelet Canal & Navigation Co., since the last 2 years, 1878
- Map portion of the Graphic Directory of the New Orleans & Carrollton R.R. Co., 1900
- Taylor's Map of New Orleans, 1924
Digital images of the following maps from the Louisiana Division's Map Collection are available at the Louisiana Digital Library, as part of the Louisiana Purchase Bicentennial Collection.
Return to Archives/Special
4/22/2005 (revised 9/25/2009)